LVC COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE
So much is happening in our world. Like everyone else, LVC is following the global health crisis to make decisions about the health and safety of our community. Here’s where we are now:
Applicants for August 2020
- LVC welcomes applicants for August 2020, including those from service programs postponed due to COVID-19.
- LVC has begun actively interviewing and matching volunteer applicants with Placements for year-long and FLEX semesters starting August 2020.
- LVC will determine how COVID-19 will alter service-year and semester expectations as more information becomes available to us all.
- Only international students who are already in the United States on VISA can apply. VISA applicants must be able to provide proof of VISA extension through July 2021.
LVC Actions for Current Volunteers
- Telework — In alignment with employers across the country, current Volunteers can continue their service year by teleworking in communication with their Placement supervisors. Volunteers in direct-service positions will be permitted to manage a modified schedule with their Placements.
- Location — Volunteers can elect to telework from their LVC-provided housing, or from their hometown.
- Benefits — LVC will continue benefits to Volunteers that remain in the program and telework, including housing, health insurance, and stipends.
- Duration — Every state and Placement is different in its expectations for return to the workplace, and return dates are unknown at this time. Volunteers will return to their Placement sites when the CDC and their State deem it safe to do so.
- Volunteers Living Alone — Volunteers who find themselves living in housing alone will be invited to move to LVC housing with other Volunteers provided all members have been healthy.
- Social Distancing — Volunteers are expected to follow the same guidelines provided by their local and national government for social distancing, travel, and other orders.
- Programming — Social distancing makes programming a creative challenge. Staff and Volunteers will be weighing in and working together on how to shift programming to maintain community.
LVC Actions for Operations
- LVC staff are teleworking.
- LVC was already a telework and online-friendly operation; and has now shifted to 100% online operations to ensure business continuity.
LVC needs your donations now more than ever! Please consider donating online at www.lutheranvolunteercorps.org/donate, but be assured that we will also receive your checks sent by mail. Bless you in advance!