Your gift allows LVC to match bright Volunteers with organizations important to the social justice movement. With your help, we will change the world!
LVC is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Gifts to LVC are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. LVC is an excellent steward of your dollars—over 80% of our spending goes directly to support and programs for our Volunteers. You can view our finance and audit page for more details on how our money is spent.
You can donate online right now by visiting us on Give Direct. To be a sustaining supporter of LVC, please consider setting up automatic, monthly donations.
Please note: We use a nonprofit service to process our credit card transactions. GIVEDIRECT is the name that will appear on your credit card statement – not Lutheran Volunteer Corps. Using a 3rd party helps us keep our costs low and allows us to spend more time and money on our programs! American Express transactions cost LVC a 2.25% processing fee, but there is no fee using Visa or Mastercard!
Know someone in LVC this year? Click here to support their Volunteer year. Thanks for your support of this awesome cohort of Volunteers!
Donate By Mail
If you prefer to remit your donation by mail, please make your check payable to Lutheran Volunteer Corps and send it to:
Lutheran Volunteer Corps
1226 Vermont Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005
For Thrivent Members
Members of Thivent Financial for Lutherans have several options to give their financial support to LVC.
Recurring Donations through SimplyGiving
Automatic donations to LVC may be made through Thrivent’s SimplyGiving program. SimplyGiving works by making preauthorized withdrawals from your bank account on weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly basis, and transferring the money to a nonprofit of your choice. To set up Simply Giving, please contact us for an enrollment form. For more information, please visit Thrivent’s SimplyGiving webpage.
Thrivent Choice Dollars
Thrivent Choice Dollars can be designated to LVC. As many of you may know, Thrivent recently changed the way Choice Dollars are distributed. Instead of automatically going to a designated organization, members must now designate their Choice Dollars on a monthly basis. Choice Dollars can be designated online or by phone
- Visit www.thrivent.com/thriventchoice and login to your account.
- Click on “Direct Choice Dollars” in the ThriventChoice box on your MyThrivent page.
- Search the catalog of organizations to find Lutheran Volunteer Corps.
- Click on “Direct Choice Dollars Now” to direct your Choice Dollars to benefit LVC.
- Call 1-800-847-4836 and when prompted, say “Thrivent Choice.”
- When prompted, say “Choice Dollars.”
- Say or enter your Social Security number.
- Press 1 to direct Choice Dollars or press 2 to hear the Thrivent Choice program terms and conditions.
- A representative will then work with you to direct Choice Dollars.
For more information, please visit Thrivent’s Thrivent Choice main page.
Contact Tait Danielson-Castillo for more information about giving to LVC.