We are excited that you are considering a year of community, social justice, and simple and sustainable living with Lutheran Volunteer Corps!
LVC Interviewing and Placing Timeline
LVC begins accepting applications in October for the following year of service. The Round One deadline is January 15, 2015 and Round Two is April 1, 2015. While there are quality Positions in every round, those who apply early will have a greater selection. Please contact the Recruitment & Outreach Manager before submitting an application if you miss the deadlines (email@example.com).
- Complete application online by one of the due dates
- LVC staff will review applications and schedule select phone interviews
- If accepted, you will review a list of available LVC Positions (there are sometime multiple Positions at the same Placement Agency)
- Choose ten Positions for which you are interested in interviewing; LVC will assign you to 3 out of the 10 you chose
- After the interview, rank the Positions according to where your interests/skills best fit (Placements will also be ranking you)
- Using the rankings, LVC staff members match applicants with Positions
- Regardless of application date and Round of matching, all volunteers will have the same National Orientation beginning on August 8, 2015, and begin their service on August 17, 2015
The timeline for the 2015-16 application process was as follows:
Round One - January 15, 2015
- January 15: Applications due online
- January 16-January 22: Application review period
- January 23-February 9: Selected applicants interview with LVC representative
- February 13: Acceptance notification and list of available Positions available online
- By February 17: Applicants choose ten Positions for potential interviews and submit choices online
- February 24: Applicants informed of their Position interviews & given Placement contact information (up to 3)
- February 25 - March 10: Applicants interview with Placements over the phone
- By March 11: Submit rankings online
- March 17: Round One Matching Day! LVC staff match Applicants & Positions (Based on Applicant’s & Placement’s ratings)
- March 19: Final day for Applicant to accept or decline match
- April 1: Applications due online
- April 1-15: Application review period & Selected applicants interview with LVC representative
- April 17: Acceptance notification and list of available Positions available online
- By April 20: Applicants choose ten Positions for potential interviews and submit choices online
- April 23: Applicants informed of their Position interviews & given Placement contact information (up to 3)
- April 24-May 6: Applicants interview with Placements over the phone.
- By May 7: Submit rankings online
- May 12: Round Two Matching Day! LVC staff match Applicants & Positions (Based on Applicant’s & Placement’s ratings)
- May 14: Final day for Applicant to accept or decline match
LVC welcomes applications from international students who are currently studying in the US. Due to visa extension requirements issued by US State Department and Immigration Services, please contact Elizabeth Flomo, Recruitment & Outreach Manager at 612-787-8844 to discuss your application. All international applicants are required to take the necessary steps to secure their visa extension. You may find more information at http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html#15.
LVC also has partnerships with service organizations in Germany and the United Kingdom. If you are a German or British citizen, please contact Elizabeth Flomo at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how to apply to LVC through our partner organizations in these countries.
At this time we are not able to accept applications from foreign nationals who are not currently in the United States on a visa or from applicants other than our partner organizations in Germany and the United Kingdom.