LVC 40TH ANNIVERSARY: It’s time to celebrate!
What could be better than a year of service? How about a year celebrating 40 years of Volunteer service by thousands of alumni, the communities that support them, and the impact on social justice for the service year and lifetime of commitment. Join us as we gather alumni, parents, local support networks, Placements, and friends to share stories of the past and visions of our future — all year long!
1. Send your photo, stories, and video memories by 6/30/19
See yourself in the LVC 40th Anniversary Yearbook online and for purchase! Inviting all alumni, founders, supporters and friends to send “then” and “now” photos, LVC stories of 100 words or less, videos telling how LVC impacted your life, and LVC mementos to LVC40th@lutheranvolunteercorps.org. Upload videos to Google Photos at https://photos.app.goo.gl/2Ng3escDXweuad3K7. Then check back here in July to purchase your copy of the Yearbook AND see it online and mobile!
2. Host a party in your city by 6/30/19
In any city with two or more alumni, host an alumni gathering to collect then-and-now photos and take new group photos for the 40th Anniversary Yearbook! Celebrate just being an LVCer! Email us at LVC40th@lutheranvolunteercorps.org to serve as city co-host, and to have your event date and details listed on our web page. We’ll connect you with a list of alumni in your local area and send out an e-vite on your behalf.
3. Join us at events throughout the year! (we’ll need your email to keep in touch)
Catch LVC-hosted events April-June Brews for Justice and alumni events in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Wilmington, Omaha, Washington, DC; August 9-13 Just Speak livestream from Orientation in Chicago; September Commissioning Ceremonies at LVC houses and more! See the list for dates and locations. CLICK HERE FOR THE EVENT SCHEDULE!
4. DONATE NOW! Make a symbolic donation of $4/$40/$400/$4000 in support of the LVC 40th Anniversary!
5. Purchase your 40th Anniversary tee-shirt and hoodie-sweatshirt at our 40th Anniversary store!
Show your LVC spirit! Gift a tee or sweatshirt to yourself, an alum, or a current or incoming Volunteer! (LIMITED TIME OFFER)
Want more out of life?
- Serve on the 40th Anniversary planning committee
- Co-host a 40th Anniversary celebration in your city
- Join and/or co-chair a Local Support Network to support current Volunteers
- Join a National Support Network to advise on Journey to Inclusive Community (JIC) and other initiatives
- Help with Volunteer recruitment
- Be a fundraising captain in your area
- And so much more!