SIGN UP for hike-a-thon FUNDRAISER 2023! All hikers, teams, and people supporting hikers and teams should sign up HERE at LVC’s hike portal to make your support count.
Details for hike locations will be added below, so check back often. See you on the trail!
- hiking shoes for trails
- enough bottled water for yourself and your companions
- healthy snacks for energy
- hat and sunglasses
- sun block
- insect repellant
- Saturday, May 20, 11:00am. The DC hike will be at the U.S. National Arboretum! Organized by LVC’s Bon House and Sydney Johnson ’23. Meet at the Arboretum entrance at 3501 New York Avenue NE, at the National Bonsai and Penjing Museum. There is parking near the museum.
- Saturday, May 20, 11:30am. The Wilmington Hike will take place at the DuPont Environmental Education Center, 1400 Delmarva Ln in Wilmington. You’ll have 212 acres of wonder, wildlife, and ornamental garden to enjoy. We will meet at the foot of the bridge outside of the Center, past the rock garden. Organized by Matt Johnson ’17/’18.
- Sunday, May 21, 2:00pm. Join Baltimore alumni and supporters for a hike/walk in Wyman Park. Meet at Wyman Park Upper Field (3701 Tudor Arms Ave Baltimore, MD 21211) at 2:00 and hike from there. Organized by Kirsten Noplos ’16 and Simunye House Baltimore Volunteers ’23.
- Saturday, May 20, 10:00am (e). Barry Friswold is excited to bring alumni and supporters in the Boston region together for the second year. Hike will be at the Arnold Arboretum, meeting at the main entrance.
North Carolina, Asheville
- Saturday, May 20, 8:00am (e). Join us on the Graybeard Mountain Trail in Montreat, NC, and meet at the trailhead parking lot in Montreat. We have about 122 LVC supporters in the state of North Carolina, and we hope all of them will join us! Organized by Bethany Malley ’03.
- Saturday, May 20, 10:00-12:00pm (e). Join us at Piedmont Park in Midtown, 1320 Monroe Dr. NE, Atlanta, GA. Organized by Shae Agee.
- Saturday, May 20, 10:00-12:00pm. Be amazed by 172 acres of labeled shrubs and trees from all over the world, at the State Arboretum of Virginia, Blandy Experimental Farm at 400 Blandy Farm Rd. in Boyce, VA. We hope to have a vigorous hike, then double back for leisurely exploration. Children accompanied by a parent, and dogs on a leash, are welcome. Meet at the information booth a short walk from the parking area. Organized by Deirdre Bagley.