Examples of LVC Positions
LVC Applicants see available positions as part of the application and matching process, including more in depth position descriptions. To have the widest choice of positions, apply by our Round 1 January 15th deadline. There are significantly fewer positions available for the Round 2 April 1st deadline. Please contact email@example.com if you have particular questions about available positions.
Digital Literacy Assistant Instructor – Briya Public Charter School/Mary’s Center
This position description incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned might also be performed and that not all listed responsibilities may be carried out, depending on operational needs. Digital Literacy assistant instructors will receive training in the national CASAS assessment system and adult education curriculum and theory.
Digital Literacy Assistant Instructor Functions:
• Assist in typing classes, using software or web-based programs such as Typing Instructor, Typing-Web, etc.
• Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as teacher-led instruction or demonstrations and student-led group activities.
• Assist Digital Literacy (DL) Instructor to prepare and teach DL classes.
• Observe and evaluate students' work to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement. .
• Prepare materials, computer equipment, and classrooms for class activities.
• Collaborate with ESL and DL instructors to help to plan lessons that promote learning.
• Actively look for ways to help students and co-workers.
• Use computers, laptops, iPads, Smart board, & other equipment and materials for class presentations.
• Maintain competence in creating presentations, using the internet, computer navigation, and word processing skills.