LVC Applicants get to see the list of available positions as part of the application and matching process, including more in depth position descriptions.
To have the widest choice of positions, apply by our Round 1 January 15th deadline. There are significantly fewer positions available for the Round 2 April 1st deadline.
The Basic Needs Specialist will:
- Coordinate life skills classes focusing on housing, empowerment, wealth building, and other basic needs for Family Center participants and the community at large.
- Assist in coordinating monthly family events for families in the communities.
- Prepare and submit accurate records and reports regarding life skills classes and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain positive, effective, and professional working relationships handling confidential information appropriately and setting appropriate limits on personal and professional boundaries.
- Work collaboratively with other agency programs, community agencies, schools, and organizations to enhance services and programs and to empower families.
- Complete intakes for Food Market and follow program practice/procedures including documentation and database applications using best practice guidelines.
- Responsible for coordination of seasonal programs including farmer's market, Cherokee Thanksgiving Meal, and March Food Drive.