Placement Positions

Examples of LVC Positions

More about these examples of LVC positions
Each year, Lutheran Volunteer Corps matches 90-95 full time Volunteers with social justice non-profit organizations across the U.S. This directory provides an overview of placement positions for the 2015-16 and 2016-17 program years.  About 80% of LVC partner placement organizations re-apply each year and we also have new positions each year that may not yet be on this list.

LVC Applicants see available positions as part of the application and matching process, including more in depth position descriptions. To have the widest choice of positions, apply by our Round 1 January 15th deadline. There are significantly fewer positions available for the Round 2 April 1st deadline. Please contact recruitment@lutheranvolunteercorps.org if you have particular questions about available positions.

Communications & Marketing Assistant – Susan G. Komen Southeast Wisconsin

Susan G. Komen® Southeast Wisconsin is the top local source for funding programs that provide breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in its seven-county service area. The organization empowers the residents in Southeast Wisconsin with information about the importance of early detection and breast health. It donates 75% of net funds raised to vital local breast health services and dedicates the remaining 25% to national research to find the cures.

Since 1999, Komen Southeast Wisconsin has raised more than $11.3 million, with $9.3 million of that funding local programs right here in Southeast Wisconsin and $3.3 million to help fund national research grants. Komen Southeast Wisconsin is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer, but it's also focused on the local needs of its neighbors. The organization is dedicated to educating Milwaukee-area residents about breast cancer through Kohl’s Conversations for the Cure, along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease.

The Communications & Marketing Intern will assist in all pre-planning, logistics, participant services and administrative duties necessary for both the annual Spring Fundraising Event in the spring (March), Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October) and Race for the Cure® (September) - The largest race in the Greater Milwaukee area gathering nearly 19,000 participants and raising $1+ million as well as other mission- and event-specific digital, print and broadcast communications

The Communications & Marketing Intern will work in a team atmosphere and have the opportunity to learn about a wide range of areas in a non-profit organization and major event planning and communications. Occasional weekend or evening availability depending upon event schedules.

Milwaukee WI