LVC Applicants get to see the list of available positions as part of the application and matching process, including more in depth position descriptions. To have the widest choice of positions, apply by our Round 1 January 15th deadline. There are significantly fewer positions available for the Round 2 April 1st deadline.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about available positions.
Office Manager or R.N. – Bread of Healing Clinic
The Lutheran Volunteer Corps Volunteer (LVCV) is the face of the Bread of Healing Clinic (BOHC). The LVCV will be one of the first people our clients see when they come into the clinic. The clinic asks that the LVCV would always put the client first, treat every client with respect, and have a sincere interest in each client’s health and wellbeing. The BOHC is a place for students to learn, serving as a rotation site for up to 8 resident physicians, 2 medical students, and a number of nursing, social worker, and medical assistant students. The LVCV will need to interact with the students, assisting in their experience by directing them to resources, supplies, and most importantly helping to make them feel comfortable working in the clinic. In addition, the LVCV will also be working with a number of other volunteers. These volunteers usually come once a week to help out during clinic hours, and they truly are the backbone of the clinic. We show them our appreciation by trying to make their time at the clinic productive and spiritually uplifting:
1) Answer phone and return messages
2) Keep track of client data, number of visits, and number of labs
3) Track clients on Patient Drug Assistance Programs
4) Apply for Patient Drug Assistance Programs for clients
5) Help to write correspondence.
6) Draw blood and take samples from clients after being trained
7) Perform EKGs on clients after being trained
8) Fill prescriptions for clients after being trained
9) Be ready to assist Doctor with noninvasive procedures
10) Help direct clients to appropriate resources.
11) Attend meetings after clinic hours when appropriate, meet with the Board of Directors as needed
12) Assist the Medical Director and Clinic Director when needed
13) Meet with the Clinic Director at least once every other week