Sneak Peek: Volunteer Application
[THIS IS A PEEK AT THE QUESTIONS ON THE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION THAT YOU WILL SUBMIT ONLINE AT THE LINK ON THE WEBSITE.]
Dear Applicant: Thank you for your interest in LVC! The online application form does not allow you to save your work. Please review the application areas below, and prepare your responses before opening up the application form. You will complete the form all the way to the end, answering all questions, sign and submit. You will not be able to access your application once you submit it, so please print a copy for your records.
Thank you for your interest! Please complete this form all the way down to the signature. Once complete, click SUBMIT and then CLOSE. Once you submit, you can not make changes. Contact LVC before starting the application if you have questions at email@example.com.
- Application date
- Application round
- Year of Service: January Round
- Year of Service: April Round
- Year of Service: Rolling Admissions
- FLEX Semester: Fall
- FLEX Semester: Spring
- FLEX Semester: Summer
- Housing option
- Year of Service: HOUSING INCLUDED
- FLEX Semester: Housing Required
- FLEX Semester: Housing Not Needed
- FLEX Semester: Housing Not Needed but wanted if available
- Legal name
- Preferred name
- Cell phone
- Home phone
- Secondary email
- Permanent address
- Date of birth
- Personal pronouns
- Religious/spiritual affiliation
- Racial/ethnic group
- Sexual orientation
- Relationship status
- If you have a spouse, partner, fiancée, or relationship are they also applying to LVC?
- If yes, name of relationship also applying
- Do you know any current LVC volunteers?
- If yes, please write their names
- Have any family members served in LVC?
- If yes please write their names
- Do you have minor age children or dependents?
LVC is not able to accommodate applicants with minor children/dependents.
- How did you hear about LVC?
- Pick the top 3 fields you’re interested in
- Attach your resume
- Do you have a driver’s license?
- Could you bring a car if your placement required one?
- Computer programs you’re proficient with
- Interests, hobbies, skills you can offer a Placement
- Languages you speak in addition to English
- Are you I the U.S. on a non-immigrant VISA?
VISA — LVC is unable to accept applications from people living outside the U.S. unless they are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, international students studying in the U.S. (OPT), DACA recipients, and similar.
- Type of non-immigrant VISA
- Highest level of education completed
- Select most recent college attended (if applicable)
- Schools attended (school, type, name, city, state, major/minor)
- Right to review reference forms
- 3 Reference, email, phone, type (supervisor, mentor, other)
5. VOLUNTEER REFLECTIONS
- LVC Core Practices: What are your hopes and concerns about community living in LVC? What would you like to learn?
- Simple and Sustainable: What would you like to learn by living simply and sustainably? How would you like to challenge yourself?
- Social Justice: What social justice issues are you passionate about and why? In your opinion, why do these injustices exist, and who contributes to/perpetuates the injustices?
- Journey to an Inclusive Community/Reconciling in Christ: In what way is your life affected by racist systems and structures? If you think it is not, why do you think so?
- Spirituality: How do you feel about participating in a spiritual activity/discussion within and outside of your religious or spiritual tradition? What could you gain from the experience? Do you have any concerns?
- Health and Wellness: Please share any financial obligations, special circumstances, or personal health concerns that may have a significant impact on your LVC experience (recent death of a loved one, sickness in the family, physical/emotional/mental health concerns, etc.).
- General Interest: Now that you’ve explored LVC’s values, how is the opportunity with LVC related to your aspirations for the future? What brought you to the decision to apply to LVC?
6.ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS (OPTIONAL)
Include documents you wish to be shared as part of your application. Examples include academic papers, blog post, published article, general cover letter.
SIGN AND SUBMIT
To sign, click SIGN, use your mouse or keypad to sign your name, then click DONE. Submit this application by clicking SUBMIT/CLOSE on the right side bar.