- December 31: Online application due (application and position). Note that applications are now accepted year-round. Applying by December means your position will appear on the list being considered by applicants in January for interviews starting in March.
- December-March: LVC staff will review applications, contact placement staff as necessary for additional information, a possible site visit, acceptance/rejection.
- March: Placements may begin interviewing applicants. Interviews can continue through July until LVC identifies a match for the Placement.
If you are a current LVC placement, you will only need to complete the position form if no other basic information changes.
Review the Sneak Peek of the application and prepare your responses before opening the online form. You will not be able to save the form, but must complete it in one sitting.
NO DEADLINES, however, applying by December means your position will be on the early list applicants are considering. Placements start interviewing applicants as early as March.
Regardless of when you apply, here’s the process:
- Apply — by submitting the application and position
- Approval — we approve you for the program
- Placement Interviews — interview applicants assigned to your organization by LVC
- Rankings — Placements and applicants rank each other
- Match — from your rankings we identify a fellow for your position
- Sign — Placement, fellow, and LVC sign a 3-way contract, the Placement pays the Placement Fee and LVC raises the rest for the fellow’s expenses
- Annual Update — For all Placements, most likely in July, to review program year expectations
- Start — your fellow starts serving at your organization after orientation in August!