- December 31: Online application due (application and position). Note that applications are now accepted year-round. Applying by December means your position will appear on the list being considered by Volunteer applicants in January for interviews starting in March.
- December-March: LVC staff will review applications, contact placement staff as necessary for additional information, a possible site visit, acceptance/rejection.
- March: Placements may begin interviewing Volunteer applicants. Interviews can continue through July until LVC identifies a match for the Placement. (Note that Volunteers can apply and enter the program at any time over the year.)
Review the Sneak Peek of the application and prepare your responses before opening the online form. You will not be able to save the form, but must complete it in one sitting.
NO DEADLINES, however, applying by December means your position will be on the early list Volunteer applicants are considering. Placements start interviewing applicants as early as March.
Regardless of when you apply, here’s the process:
- Apply — by submitting the application and position
- Approval — we approve you for the program
- Orientation — Zoom online onboarding/orientation for new Placements and new supervisors (1 hour)
- Placement Interviews — interview three Volunteer applicants assigned to your organization by LVC
- Rankings — Placements and Volunteer applicants rank each other
- Match — from your rankings we identify a Volunteer for your position
- Sign — Placement, Volunteer, and LVC sign a 3-way contract, the Placement pays the Placement Fee and LVC raises the rest for the Volunteer’s expenses
- Final Update Orientation — For all Placements, most likely in July, to review program year expectations
- Start — your Volunteer starts serving at your organization after orientation in August!