LVC Applicants get to see the list of available positions as part of the application and matching process, including more in depth position descriptions.
To have the widest choice of positions, apply by our Round 1 January 15th deadline. There are significantly fewer positions available for the Round 2 April 1st deadline.
Bread for the City's Northwest Volunteer Coordinator is supervised by the Volunteer & In-Kind Manager. He or she will work with volunteers supporting a variety of programs, including the food pantry, orchard, rooftop garden, Farmers Market, and more. The Northwest Volunteer Coordinator must be able to manage multiple projects, keep track of many details, and communicate with diverse groups people from a broad range of backgrounds. He or she should also have good computer skills.
- Daily review of and preparation for scheduled volunteers.
- Recruit, screen, match, schedule, and lead volunteers for the Northwest Center and sustainable agriculture programs.
- Follow-up on volunteer placements to evaluate fit and success.
- Respond to volunteer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide support for the Northwest Center's food program, including the food pantry, rooftop garden and sustainable agriculture program.
- Recruit and organize volunteers for evening and weekend volunteer opportunities.
- Update and maintain a Salesforce database, including volunteer contact information, scheduled times, and service completion status.
- Scan and upload volunteer documents.
- Lead volunteers at Free Farmers' Markets and orchard.
- Assist with volunteer appreciation events and other organizational events.
- Assist with outreach activities and other duties as assigned.