LVC Applicants get to see the list of available positions as part of the application and matching process, including more in depth position descriptions.
To have the widest choice of positions, apply by our Round 1 January 15th deadline. There are significantly fewer positions available for the Round 2 April 1st deadline.
Program Assistant for Communication Strategies and Services – Lutheran World Relief
The Program Assistant for Communication Strategies and Services is an integral part of the Communications, Marketing and Engagement unit at Lutheran World Relief (LWR). The position supports the unit’s efforts to provide leadership in communication strategy and key message development for engaging LWR’s target U.S. audiences and to create high-quality, effective, engaging and audience-centric communication tools that build LWR’s relationship with its audiences.
Core responsibilities include:
- Support the management of marketing and communication projects across the organization by scheduling project meetings, keeping up to date project meeting notes and updating LWR’s project management system.
- Serve on LWR’s Interactive Media Team and support LWR’s social media strategy by monitoring Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, drafting and posting daily content, and planning and executing social media engagement/fundraising campaigns.
- Serve on LWR’s Editorial Team and assist in the planning, drafting and editing of LWR communications, including the print newsletter, email newsletter, website, blog and external reports.
- Work with the Visibility, Outreach and Engagement unit to develop new programs for increasing constituent engagement.
- Provide editorial support for other LWR units as needed.
- Assist with keeping website content up to date.
- Aid in monitoring and raising LWR’s brand identity across media.
- Coordinate and manage technology for unit presentations.