LVC Applicants get to see the list of available positions as part of the application and matching process, including more in depth position descriptions.
To have the widest choice of positions, apply by our Round 1 January 15th deadline. There are significantly fewer positions available for the Round 2 April 1st deadline.
Communications & Events Associate – Government Accountability Project
The Government Accountability Project (GAP) is seeking a Communications & Events Associate. This individual will work closely with, and will be jointly supervised by, the Communications Director and Chief of Staff. A successful candidate will be proactive, detail-oriented, and have the ability to work with minimal supervision. This position also requires a self-starter, confidence, and creativity. Under the direction of GAP’s Communications Director, the volunteer will help develop media-related materials in order to promote the organization online and in the media. Under the supervision of the Chief of Staff (CoS), the volunteer will help other staffers plan events in order to raise the organization’s profile, and will help the CoS execute the organization’s Internship program.
The Ideal Candidate is:
A high achiever with a penchant for storytelling, event planning, and outstanding writing and research skills. A driven individual who is looking to build on the impact of courageous whistleblowers like Edward Snowden, and work on a diverse array of issues for a small but powerful organization’s presence online, in the media, at events, and with supporters through persuasive work on campaigns of national and international significance.
- Under the direction of GAP’s Communications Director, implement strategic media plans to protect and assist whistleblowers through gaining earned media.
- Under the direction of GAP’s Communications Director, help develop Communications projects and other media-related materials as needed.
- Help the Communications team monitor and populate GAP and its affiliated programs’ digital assets including social media platforms.
- Under the supervision of the Chief of Staff, help other staff members plan organizational events, both on and off-site.
- Help the Chief of Staff run the organization’s Internship program by helping to recruit interns and represent the organization at internship venues.