LVC Applicants get to see the list of available positions as part of the application and matching process, including more in depth position descriptions.
To have the widest choice of positions, apply by our Round 1 January 15th deadline. There are significantly fewer positions available for the Round 2 April 1st deadline.
The goals of Refugee Services are:
1) To assist refugees resettle in Minnesota and become self-sufficient
2) To ensure newly-arrived refugees’ basic needs are met
3) To promote the participation of the church and community in refugee resettlement
4) To advocate for refugees on local, national and international levels
5) To assist refugees with the process of family reunification and immigration-related paperwork
6) To provide on-going American friendship to newly-arrived refugees through mentors and volunteers.
All of these goals fit into the overall mission of LSS, which is “Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota expresses the love of Christ for all people through service that inspires hope, changes lives, and builds community.
Provides case management services to newly arrived refugee individuals and families. Works with clients during their initial one to three months in Minnesota to help them access community resources including household furnishings, food, and clothing. Assists in finding safe, affordable housing for refugees. Assists children in enrolling in school and adults in ESL classes. Works with clients to connect them with their employment counselors and other resources needed to become gainfully employed. Coordinates efforts with other team members and will share case and financial documentation and airport pick-ups with all team members.